Saturday, January 15, 2011

Blog Title and Me

Alright, so you see the name and you probably think: Um, what the heck?

Let's see if I can explain this.

Buddy Christ
Please tell me that I'm not so old that I was the only person in this class to see Kevin Smith's Dogma in theatres when it was released in 1999?

You should all know what the Buddy Christ is. There is a bobblehead version of the Buddy Christ on the course syllabus!

In case you still do not know, the Buddy Christ was brought up in the film Dogma by George Carlin's character as a way to make the Catholic Church cool again. They unveiled this new Christ near the beginning of the film.

Make sense so far? Good.

Next up...

Jesus Piece
You know Kanye West, right? Of course you do. He's only one of the biggest-selling recording artists in the world. If you have not heard of Kanye West, well, um...

Kanye, for some reason, likes to wear a chain with a diamond-encrusted Jesus on it. Kanye's weird, I think we can all agree on that. Talented people tend to be a little off (see Wilson, Brian). Kanye wearing a chain with Jesus's face on it would be weird enough. Add in the diamonds and it goes way out there. But without Kayne's eccentricities, I would not have a pithy title for my class blog. Thanks Kanye.

Me
My name is Smith, Josh Smith. (I've always wanted to do that.)

I am unsure of how much you really need to know (or, honestly, really care to know) about me. You have my name, you have my picture (Side note: that was taken over a year ago. My beard is much smaller now... but should be that large again by the end of the semester), and you have this address. You probably do not care what I am majoring in, when I will graduate or anything else personal. If you do want that information, just ask me. I'm the big Ginger with the beard who is always wearing Hamilton Tiger-Cats stuff (Hamilton, represent!) that will likely be listening to an iPod. One thing I will not be doing, however, is rocking a Jesus Piece. That is just ugly.

While I do plan to take this seriously, I will use humour from time to time to get my point across. Let's be honest, we watched The Simpsons on the first day of class. I think humour is to be expected.

Alright, that's a long enough introduction. I'll get to the serious stuff soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment